Creative Department Assistant – Part-Time, Flex Position
Client Design Support, Quality Control + Review, Assistance to Creative Director
Once Like A Spark Photo + Video is a creative national wedding photo and video collaborative serving multiple major markets nationwide. For more info on our team approach and how we work, visit www.oncelikeaspark.com
Our corporate team, based in Athens, GA, is an energetic, innovative, and ambitious group, and we’re adding a new role, a Creative Department Assistant (a client facing + creative role), to our vibrant bunch.
In the role of the Creative Department Assistant, you will be a part of many of the most exciting parts of the Creative Department. You’ll serve as quality control and the designer for our clients. This role should seek to enhance the overall client experience with our company, designing beautiful products, reviewing client galleries, blogs, and video. This role will be responsible for communicating with clients regarding design and working closely with the Creative Director to give assistance where needed dependant on wedding seasonality.
Ideal candidates must have very strong written and verbal communication skills, be highly relational and warm with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with clients. The ability to resolve problems independently and demonstrate ability to think critically is a must! The ideal candidate has a record of being a self-starter, being highly organized, and juggling many projects at a time. Absolutely must be willing to lovingly and enthusiastically serve all clients, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, physical or mental ability.
Location: Remote work-from-home position, with the rare but occasional in-person need in Athens or Atlanta, GA.
Hours per week: A flexible schedule with hours varying from 10-30/hour a week. This schedule will be provided well in advance and based on the wedding industry’s seasonality. More hours will be available during busy seasons. Hours are flexible (you can set your own hours), but we do need someone who has available hours Monday – Friday and can set consistent hours.
Salary: $18/hour for part-time work.
Reports to: Rebekah Chavez Wynne, Creative Director
Responsibilities & Duties, including but not limited to:
- Provide support for the Creative Department on daily tasks such as inbox organization, client album design, quality control over media product, digital distribution of client product.
- Other duties as directed
You should apply if you:
- Are a self-starter who feels comfortable working both independently and in team environments
- Are excited about contributing to a quickly growing business
- Are familiar with wedding photography + videography, ideally with personal experience in the wedding industry
- Naturally have a strong eye for aesthetics
- Would consider yourself tech savvy and are comfortable utilizing new technology systems
- Have an eye for detail and the beauty in a photo gallery or wedding video
- Have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Are able to react and respond to changing situations quickly, and can proactively anticipate client needs
- Have a strong understanding of Gmail and Google Docs
- Are able to quickly and guide clients through design of their products
- Genuinely enjoy finding creative solutions to practical problems or challenges
- Thrive on change and are comfortable initiating conversations around new ideas, processes, and systems
- Love the idea of working on multiple projects at one time and can easily shift between projects and tasks
- Are detail oriented, and are confident in your ability to “cross your t’s and dot your i’s”
How to Apply: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: “YOUR NAME – Creative Department Assistant” as soon as possible. Please include a resume, along with a brief letter in the email body about what you believe makes you the perfect fit for this role. We are hoping to hire quickly – the sooner you are able to submit your email application, the better!
Non-Discrimination: In all matters related to employee hiring or status – including but not limited to: advertising, recruitment, selection, employment, placement, compensation, benefits, upgrading, training, transfer, promotion, demotion, realignment, and termination – it is the policy of Once Like A Spark Photography to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state, or local laws, unless such distinction is required by law.