On Dena + Adam’s very first date, Dena made Adam shake her hand. Yep, shake her hand. We love her explanation of it: “I figured, you never get a second chance at that moment and a handshake says a lot about a person.” Well, Adam, you must have done something right with that handshake, because they were hooked from that first date, and now 3 years later, married! We had the absolute honor of capturing their unbelievably, gorgeous, personal and fun wedding at Rancho Guajome Adobe just outside of San Diego, California. Our ever talented Tracy produced some astonishingly beautiful images of these two lovebirds…some of the couples shots are our favorite ever! Top 5 from the day:
1. The FOOD TRUCK! Dena + Adam had the Miho Gastro Truck cater the wedding, and we love everything about it. It lends a really fun vibe to a wedding, plus this truck made for some AMAZING photos!
2. Everything about the location, Rancho Guajome Adobe. Check it out…it’s a National Historic Landmark!
3. The “I Do, I Do” activity book to keep the kids busy at the wedding…check out the photo below. A great idea for little ones.
4. Corn hole! We always love the idea of fun activities to keep the big kids busy, too 🙂
5. All of the personal touches that make this wedding as beautiful as it is. You might not be able to tell from the photos because everything was done so very well, but this wedding was largely DIY. For example, Dena made the gorgeous brooch bouquet herself.
Dena + Adam, thanks for letting us be a part of your big day! We love you guys!
Ceremony and Reception: Rancho Guajome Adobe; Cake: Mili’s Sweets; Caterer: Miho Gastro Truck; Entertainment: Cool Band Luke; Dress: Essence of Australia via Tour of Elegance Bridal Salon; Shoes: Badgley Mischka; Hair: Lisa Loffland at the Sculpture Salon; Makeup: Melissa Graaff of Melissa Rae & Co Makeup; Invitations: Wedding Paper Divas; Wedding Planner: Liz Cutrano; Vintage signs: Etsy shop “akapertyfultings“; Corn hole game: www.ajjcornhole.com