Happy Wednesday, everyone! Get ready for a doozy of a blog post, because this wedding and the photos that our Southeast photographer Nikki took of it are all so beautiful that we really had a seriously difficult time narrowing them down! Emily + Brandon were married in May at the absolutely stunning Reserve at Oak Bowery in Lafayette, Alabama. We love their adorable engagement story, in the words of Emily: “We have been dating for 8 years, so to say that it was a long time coming is an understatement! We went to rival high schools and met through mutual friends and we have been together ever since! He wanted to wait until I graduated to propose so he did. I graduated from Auburn University in August of this year and he proposed on the same day! We were at my parents house with my whole family there, I was opening my gifts. The last present was a really nice scented candle and I was passing it around (there was a lot of tissue paper in the box) and my Pappa said, “Well, is there anything else in the box?!” So I thumbed through the paper and found a small box wrapped in tissue paper. It turned out to be an empty ring box. So I turned to Brandon and was like what is going on?! (My best friend Glenda was there and we are sorority sisters and she knew how much I wanted a candlelight) Glenda stands in front of me with a candle and said this is for you blow it out! (By then I was confused and kind of in shock!) Then Glenda moved out of the way to reveal Brandon down on one knee. While holding the ring he said “You looking for this? Will you marry me?”. I of course said yes, and we hugged for like five minutes and the rest is history!!”
Well, over here at OLAS, we are THRILLED that Emily found that empty ring box, because it gave us a chance to be a part of this unbelievable wedding! Here are some favorites from the day:
1. EVERYTHING about the venue…for any brides out there looking for an awesome place to get married, you really should check out the Reserve at Oak Bowery. It has just about everything a photographer could hope for…a gorgeous and majestic Southern plantation home, tons of really cool rustic structures and barns on the property, and amazing landscaping and trees to provide just the right amount of shade and light for picture perfect photos.
2. Emily’s beautiful blue shoes!! She made a statement we love with her “something blue.”
3. The tri-toned bridesmaids dresses. Emily chose a dress that you don’t see everyday for her maids, with three different colors. Perfectly classy and perfectly fun.
4. The cotton boutonnieres! Such a charming and fitting touch for a Southern wedding – the florist, Auburn Flowers and Gifts, did a beautiful job.
5. Finally, the groom’s cake! What a fun way to incorporate the groom’s love of fishing into the big day. Kudos to Cakes by Tania for working their magic.
Emily + Brandon, thank you so much for letting us be a part of your beautiful wedding! We love you guys and wish you all the best and you embark on your next adventure together. xoxo
Ceremony: The Reserve at Oak Bowery; Reception: The Reserve at Oak Bowery; Florist: Auburn Flowers and Gifts; Cake: Cakes by Tania; Catering: A Little Taste of Home; Entertainment: John Bodiford; Officiant: Brian Johnson; Dress Designer: Watters; Wedding Planner: Brittney Sellers